Data Protection Policy
Covenant Life Church Leicester
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Covenant Life Church Leicester is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Covenant Life Church Leicester complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Covenant Life Church;
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services that will be occurring within ministrieswithoutborders and related church’s.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a religious aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Covenant Life Church Leicester in order to carry out a service to other church members, or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the church with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data which is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Covenant Life Church Leicester holds about you;
- The right to request that Covenant Life Church Leicester corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Covenant Life Church Leicester to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions, prior to commencing the new Notice. We will seek your prior consent to the new purpose.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Covenant Life Church Leicester, Telephone: 0116 254 0140
The Big Shed, 93 Commercial Square, Leicester LE2 7SR